We support artists and makers locally by representing their handmade gifts and providing their items to the greater Bloomington community!
MADE supports local artists in their quest to outshine the “super marts” of the shopping world by providing unique handmade apparel, housewares, jewelry, and more. Large scale manufacturing of goods is void of craftsmanship, longevity and typically terrible for the environment. Supporting the local handmade industry allows shoppers to create their own culture, while directly helping folks in our community. We look forward to bringing the community together around local artists, while providing an alternative to ‘the norm’.
We represent the work of many local artists with preference given to Greater Bloomington Area artists who are not already featured in the area. We are always accepting submissions and all submissions will be kept on file for future consideration. All work will be reviewed and accepted based on how it works within the store & suits the needs of our clientelle. If you do not receive a reply, please do not be discouraged. We appreciate the opportunity to review your work & wish you all the best in your creative endeavors!
|12:00PM – 8:00PM
12:00PM – 8:00PM
12:00PM – 8:00PM
12:00PM – 8:00PM
12:00PM – 5:00PM
Join Our Mailing List
How it Works
In order to sell your items in our store we want you to join our co-op and beciome a member, by filling out our MADE Shop/Co-Work Member Application. There is an initial $15 processing fee, and a $100 deposit to become a member. But after you choose your member level all members receive 100% of the sale price of any work sold along with other great member benefits. Paychecks are issued monthly.
Artists interested in selling work at MADE: Please take the time to read all of the information posted here about submitting work.
We keep the consignment process simple:
- Step 1– Tell us about you and your work
- Step 2– Submit your inventory, label products then bring them to us.
- Step 3– Wait for your check.
We personally love art—lots of different types of art. But we discovered long ago that just because we love it doesn’t mean it will sell well from our shop. So we have learned to look every potential consignment over prior to accepting it. We preview everything to ensure we are the best option to sell your goods.
Please fill out the MADE Artists Profile where you will:
- Provide us some contact information
- Provide us a description of the items you want to consign
- Submit your request
- Email your photos to Media @ Artisan Alley . Com and we will look them over ASAP.
Once approved, we put our marketing machine to work, and display your items in our elegant showroom for 90 days.
If your work is accepted into the shop, use our Online Inventory Form to create an inventory sheet.
Print it out and/or email to Made @ Artisan Alley . Com
- All work should be labeled with artist’s name & price upon arrival. Remember, when labeling your work, incorporate your business/gallery/store name into the label so that people can contact you about your work should they have questions or want more work from you (Business cards work great).
- Call/message the shop and schedule an appointment. This is particularly helpful if you have a large number of items you need to consign. One of our consignment specialists can meet you and discuss your items with you in person and figure out a placement for your goods.
Once we have reached an agreement, we will sign a Consignment Agreement outlining our promise to you. Unlike other consignment options that you may have known, we maintain a “haggle-free” atmosphere and we do not request an exclusivity clause. We do not “negotiate” price reductions outside the scheduled markdown period without your approval. We honor our contract with you, our consignee.
In addition to our local showroom we are working on an online presence and have an active social media program, all working together to get your items sold quickly, and for the best possible price.
When your item sells we give you 100% of the sale price and then combine all your payments into one monthly payment, and mail you a check for your share once each month. Or, you can use your consignment earnings immediately to purchase items in our store.
For more information please contact us through our email form.